Sleep apnea can rob people of rest, disturb their families, threaten their health, destroy their job performance, and more. It’s a serious condition.
If you’re diagnosed with sleep apnea, we can create a type of dental appliance that has relieved sleep apnea for many patients. We’re excited to help you!
We want to protect you from the effects of sleep apnea. It’s one way we care for the complete dental health of our neighbors in the Rock Springs area. Contact Hunsaker Dental today for an appointment.
What Is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a condition that makes you stop breathing many times during the night while you sleep, and you probably don’t even remember it happening!
People close to you might have heard your breathing stop during the night. It’s terrible for your health to keep being deprived of oxygen. Plus, constant sleep interruptions tire out your body and mind. Sleep apnea can lead to:
- Lack of Energy: You might have far less energy for everyday activities than you used to.
- Loud Snoring: An airway blockage can increase your snoring volume and interrupt your sleep over and over.
- Fatigue: A lack of continuous sleep can prevent the healing and restoration you need during the night. This can even lead to falling asleep at work or while driving!
- Memory Problems: Your short-term memory could suffer, hurting your job performance and making errands more difficult.
- Headaches and Sore Throats: Nighttime breathing problems can leave you with headaches and a dry throat when you wake up.
- Mood Swings: Lack of rest can put you in a bad mood and threaten your relationships.
Only an official medical diagnosis can let you know for sure, but these are good signs that you might have sleep apnea. You might need to get it checked out.
How Can We Treat Sleep Apnea?
Some sleep apnea is caused by patients’ own throat tissues blocking their airway. When your jaw is positioned a certain way, the tissues touch and cause you to snore, interrupting your sleep.
A customized oral appliance that you wear at night can reposition your jaw and open up your airway again. It can be as easy as that for some patients—less snoring and better rest!
Call Hunsaker Dental for Sleep Apnea Treatment
If your sleep apnea is caused by snoring, we could treat it with an oral appliance. Imagine getting your memory and energy back! You’ll just pop in your appliance before bed.
Call Hunsaker Dental now to get an easy and comfortable appointment. We’re always ready to help our Rock Springs-area neighbors and build a great relationship with you. Call now!